Are you thinking of sending a hilarious parcel for your beloved college student? Then you’ve come to the right place for ideas!
Here are 7 funny college care package ideas you ought to create:
- The ‘Chucklesome Candy’ Snack Package
- An ‘Embarrassing Walk Down Memory Lane’ Package
- ‘Unique’ Statement Bag Full of Goodies
- A ‘Coffee Is Life’ Care Package
- A ‘Silly Clothes’ Care Package
- A Care Package of Gifts From a Rival School
- The ‘Silly Ways to Relax’ Care Package
Without further ado, let’s get started on these entertaining college care packages.
1. The ‘Chucklesome Candy’ Snack Package
College students need all the sugar they can get for exams and whatnot. So if you’re going to give sweets, you might as well make them deliciously funny!
Here are some comical candies you should include in your chucklesome candy snack package (source):
- Box of Boogers: Nuff said!
- Porky Pooper: A pig that ‘dispenses’ little brown candies.
- Kidsmania Sour Flush Candy (link to Amazon): You dip your lolly plunger in a toilet bowl-shaped toy with colored powder.
- Hose Nose: You strap this on and wait for the snot-like liquid candy to drip to your mouth.
- Kandy Teef: Rotting teeth gummies!
- Zit Poppers: Just like your pimples…only they’re edible.
- Ear Wax Candy: You get to pick orange flavored gel from a plastic ear.
- Barf Bags: Candies shaped like vomit.
- Cockroach Clusters: The name speaks for itself!
2. An ‘Embarrassing Walk Down Memory Lane’ Package
If you have a vast collection of your teen’s childhood pictures, then you’re sure to make them laugh (even cringe) with an album of their most embarrassing ones.
It’s a trip down memory lane…only funnier!
Of course, you can do with the usual photo album, like the Pioneer Magnetic Self-Stick Photo Album (link to Amazon), which has 100 pages for you to fill!
However, you might want to take it a notch higher by making a unique, DIY compilation.
Here are some albums you can make at home:
- DIY Instagram album. Line up and paste their photos in a vertical accordion style. Put it in a box, but don’t forget to put a clip on top before you do so!
- Mini photo album. Collect your college student’s pics and bind them with a metal ring.
- Camera roll album. Paste the pictures on a long sheet and affix a string at the end. Wrap the sheet around a cylindrical material, such as a toilet paper core. Put round-shaped cardboard on both ends to make it seem like a camera roll.
- Upcycled book photo album. Pick out an old, unused book – and paste your student’s funny pictures on each page!
Of course, one picture album does not a care package make, so you’ll also want to include some other fun and maybe even embarrassing gifts along with the album.
If you have any of your college student’s old action figures, Barbie dolls, New Kids on the Block memorabilia, or other similar things, be sure to pack those, as well. If there are any home videos, take them to your local photo lab and have them transferred over to DVDs and send those along with a note to watch them in a room full of friends.
3. ‘Unique’ Statement Bag Full of Goodies
College students need big bags to carry their books, laptops, and whatnot. While the usual Nike or Jansport rucksack should do, why not take it to the next level with a unique (and funny) knapsack?
In case you’re thinking of personalizing your care gift backpack, here are some statement designs that’ll leave your recipient in stitches:
- For the not-so-studious one: Study (noun) – the act of going through books and notes never seen before; performed just a few hours before the exam.
- For the very studious one: The bags under my eyes are designer.
- For the coffee lover: This early bird runs on coffee.
- For the petite student: Life is short…and so am I.
- For the animal lover: I study hard so my dog/cat can have a better life.
- For the English major: I’m silently correcting your grammar.
- For the chemistry major: I’d tell you a Chemistry joke…but all the good ones Argon.
- For the engineering student: I’m an Engineering student… I have no life.
For the full care package experience, you’ll also need to fill the bag with things that your college student would need, but you can make those funny, as well.
Here are some ideas:
- Fairly Odd Novelties Sh*t End Of The Stick Plunger (link to Amazon): It’s an actual, working plunger, but it’s very small, so your college kid will have to get up close and personal with their stopped up toilet to use it.
- A hilarious (and inappropriate) shower curtain: Look for ones that have funny sayings like, “I pee in the shower” or “Every naked person I see turns me on.”
- Toilet paper: Hey! Everybody poops; there’s even a book about it. Toilet paper may be an embarrassing gift, but it’s one they’ll certainly use.
- Poo-Pourri Before You Go Toilet Spray (link to Amazon): If your college student is notorious for dropping ‘bombs,’ they’re sure to laugh (and save face, eventually) with toilet spray. This OG spray, launched in 2007, is perfect for your odor-conscious college kid. It can leave the bathroom smelling light and floral, after all! Mask, Unicorn Gold, and Aesop Post-Poo Drops are other toilet spray options.
- Wacky Bath Bombs: If your college student isn’t particularly fond of taking a bath, then these wacky bath bombs should prod them to do so. After all, getting a warm bath can help reduce stress, which your college student may be dealing with at this very time. There are ramen bath bombs, eye ball ones, Pokemon ones, chill pill ones, and more!
4. A ‘Coffee Is Life’ Care Package
Like any other college student, they may need coffee every day of their life. Why not patronize their caffeine dependence further with a funny mug (or two?). You can easily find a customizable mug on Amazon, like the GiftsForYouNow Personalized Red Bistro Mug (link to Amazon), which is ceramic and microwave and dishwasher-safe.
When it comes to your college care package, make sure to include one of these funny statement mugs in the box:
- I put the dying in ‘studying.’
- I want the D…iploma.
- I think I’ll skip college and make millions as a social media influencer.
- College student – broke, tired, and hungry!
- World’s okayest (insert major here) student
- Psych major – we have tissues for your issues!
- Med student…at your cervix!
You can also use these statements for other coffee-related care package material, such as a brew pot, cozy, or insulated cup.
Feel free to send your student other coffee-related gifts in this package, including K-cups, a coffee maker, coffee warmers, or anything else you think they might need to feed their addiction.
5. A ‘Silly Clothes’ Care Package
Will your college student miss the family’s Christmas celebration?
Well, the best way to cheer them up is to send them the ugliest Christmas sweater ever. It’s a great way to keep the tradition.
Popularized in the 1950s as ‘Jingle Bell sweaters,’ even the British Royal family has been spotted wearing them!
Thanks to mainstream media, the ugly sweater has maintained its popularity throughout the years. From the 1980s movie National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation to Bridget Jones Diary in 2000, it has become more famous than ever (source).
What’s great about this funny gift is that you can knit it yourself. That said, you can also buy one online – the options are endless!
With an ugly Christmas sweater, your college student will feel comforted and right at home – and itchy, too, thanks to its embroidered designs and whatnot.
However, don’t stop there with your silly clothes. College students need a lot of sleep – so why not make them look adorable as they do so?
Character onesies – which used to be reserved for kids – are bound to make funny additions to college care packages too.
Here are some hilarious onesie ideas for your sleep-deprived college student:
- Shark: Like the baby shark onesie their newborn nephew wears.
- Avocado: They like guac anyway!
- Snorlax: They snore just as much.
- Star Wars Chewbacca: For the true Star Wars fan.
- Skeleton: It’s not too late to scare their roommate!
Just like your ugly sweater gift, make sure to get a snap of your student wearing their funny onesie!
Don’t forget to throw in some goofy socks, a ridiculous stocking cap for sleeping, tacky ties, gaudy hair bows, and anything else you can think of to add to your college student’s silly clothes care package.
6. A Care Package of Gifts From a Rival School
If your college student is a diehard fan of his university, the best way to anger him (and make you laugh at the same time) is to give them a “care package” stuffed with memorabilia from their rival school.
For example, if you have a diehard Harvard Crimson student, send them a box of Yale goodies, including:
Likewise, you can give your Stanford student a bag full of UC Berkeley stuff.
And while they don’t necessarily have to publicly use this rival school memorabilia, it makes for a great laugh when you ask them to use it ‘privately’ – aka in front of you.
7. The ‘Silly Ways to Relax’ Care Package
College is stressful. There’s no denying that. According to a US News report, 90% of respondents aged 18 to 23 reported education-related stress (source).
Add to that, these students cite loneliness and uncertainty as causes for their rising stress levels. As such, college students need healthy, non-alcohol and drug-related ways to relieve their stress.
Therefore, one of the best care packages to give is one that will relieve their stress.
It doesn’t hurt to make it hilarious as well!
Thanks to the pandemic, adult coloring books have become more popular than ever. Coloring can relax the brain, which is something your college student needs.
A Cleveland Clinic report has shown that it can help reduce anxiety. It’s interesting to note that this study featured undergraduate students – the demographic of your recipient (source).
While the usual ones are good, why not go above and beyond with hilarious coloring books?
Here are some titles you should add to your college care package:
- Inappropriate Coloring Books for Adults
- Pooping Animals – a Funny Coloring Book for Adults
- People of Walmart Adult Coloring Book
- Swear and Relax – I am Sick of this Sh*t Coloring Book
- When Life Gets Complicated, I Wine Coloring Book
- Insulting Adult Coloring Book
- Swear Word Coloring Book for Adults
- Stoner Adult Coloring Book
Be sure to add crayons, colored pencils, and other things they might need to start coloring.
Another great gift to include in this care package is bubble wrap – wrapped in what else, but bubble wrap! Not only will it leave your recipient in stitches, but it can also help relieve stress.
According to a report, popping bubble wrap is highly satisfying because (source):
- It can keep their hands busy. Doing so can be relaxing and conducive for relaxing tense nerves.
- It frees the mind from clutter. At the same time, it can help them concentrate on their more critical thoughts.
- It leads to the release of happy hormones. This is made possible by ancestral addiction, which gives you gratification when you overpower or squish on something.
- It can give satisfaction similar to sex. Talk about feeling satisfied – without doing the deed.
Finally, why not add a few silly stress-relieving voodoo dolls? These Dammit Dolls are an excellent option, as they’ll let your student punch them, stick them with pins, squeeze them, and generally relieve their stress by using them.